The Royal Society of Biology has partnered with Defra to deliver a series of plant health workshops that aim to develop a diverse community from across the sector and build UK plant health capability, capacity and resilience.
The Society also runs the RSB Plant Science Group, which is comprised of RSB Member Organisations from across the plant sciences.
During this online lecture Professor Jonathan Drori, author of bestsellers Around the World in 80 Trees and Around the World in 80 Plants will be providing the ground rules for effective science communication and addressing common misconceptions in plant biology.
Visit to the BIFoR FACE facility | 13 September 2023 | Birmingham
An exclusive guided tour around the BIFoR FACE facility, which is the second Free Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment facility worldwide and the only one in the Northern Hemisphere. Attendees got to visit the Wolfson Advanced Glasshouses and Winterbourne Gardens at the University of Birmingham.
Plant health conference | 25 May 2023 | Read the news story
Managing diseases found in the grapevines and tree crops of California | 29 March 2023 | Read the news story
Showcasing Defra’s R&D Programme | 17 January 2023 | Read the news story
International Standards in Africa | 14 September 2022 | Read the news story
Summer Conference 2022 | 21 June 2022 | Read the news story
GB Plant Biosecurity Strategy | 16 March 2022 | Read the news story
Plant Health Summit for Future Leaders | 2-3 March 2021
Plant Health Professional Development Advisory Group
The initiatives delivered under this grant are supported by a volunteer committee – the Plant Health Professional Development Advisory group. Group members aim to represent a variety of sectors and academics in plant health.
- Jeremy Pritchard (Chair) - University of Birmingham
- Charles Lane - Fera Science Ltd
- Jassy Drakulic - Royal Horticultural Society
- Geraint Parry - Association of Applied Biologists
- Lucy Carson-Taylor - Animal and Plant Health Agency
- Clarinda Burrell - Scottish Forestry
- Mimi Tanimoto - Plant Health Consultant
- Stephanie Godliman - Department of Food, Environment & Rural Affairs
- Alison Wilson - Department of Food, Environment & Rural Affairs
- Gail Preston - University of Oxford