A free, online, six-week course from the Royal Veterinary College for students in years 10-13
This free six week course will run on Tuesday evenings between 17:30-18:30 BST online; launching on 5th October 2021 in Biology Week.
The aims of the programme are to reinforce your passion for Biology, as well as helping with your understanding of Biology at A-Level and equivalent qualifications. Amongst other topics we will feature content including; anatomy and physiology, ecosystems and the environment, cellular biology and immunology.
Attendees will also be joined by guests from the Zoological Society of London, Biochemical Society and Royal College of Pathologists, to explain more about career paths in the biosciences.
Who is this event for?
The content is aimed at Year 12, however Years 10 - 13 (ages 14-18) are welcome to join.
- 5 October - Biology week- launch with Royal Society of Biology. Focus: Musculoskeletal system and anatomy
- 12 October - Physiology Friday linked event: Cardiovascular and digestive systems
- 19 October - Focus: ZSL London Zoo guests: Evolution and ecosystems
- 26 October - half term break
- 2 November - Pathology week: Royal College of Pathology guests. Focus: Immunity
- 9 November - Biochemical society guests. Focus: Cellular dynamics16 November - Neurobiology, plus regional quiz and summary!
You only need to register once to get the joining instructions for all six events. If you attend all six sessions, you will get a digital certificate of attendance. Advance registration is essential through the RVC event page
. Places are limited to register now to avoid disappointment.